Sunday, May 16, 2010

Linkin' Park

Robert and I went fishing for sea-run cutthroat trout, a.k.a. "the SRC" today. Although the South Sound is known as the best area to fish for the SRC, we chose to drive a little less and try out the beach at Lincoln Park in West Seattle. Much less driving, great views of the Olympic Mountains, and we may even catch a fish.


We didn't catch a fish, but saw many salmon fry swimming the shoreline. I think my flies are too big for this time of year. Fear not, as I whipped most of them of on my old leader, which after some discussion and thought I realized was 10 years old. Best replace it in case a fish actually bites.

We enjoyed a nice day on a stereotypical "Henry Weinhard's" gravely NW beach. Even after several years of it, it is quite surreal for us inlanders to fish for cutthroat trout amongst the crabs, jelly fish, and sea anenomies (which I caught Robert inspecting).

No comments: