Friday, March 18, 2011

Going Potty on the Potty

Molly has started potty training herself, much to our delight. She frequently tell us she wants to go potty, so we take her to the bathroom, help her undress, and she does the rest, including flushing the toilet (which by no means are we allowed to do for her) and washing her hands.

To my surprise she grabbed an issue of Men's Health magazine before having a seat on her miniature throne ; a chip off the ol' block...

Although this has reduced the number of wet diapers, she it will be a while before she is running around diaper free. We will let her take her time with it.

After going potty it was bath time. She played in the water, colored on the walls of the tub, squirted water around, and delightfully splashed me. I scrubbed her down and washed her hair just before it was time to end the bath. I said "clean up", and she helped put away the toys. I pulled the plug once all the toys were put away and stepped away to get her pajamas while the tub drained, and on my return Molly was saying "Icky! Icky!" and pointing toward the drain at a surprisingly large tootsie roll that she made in her bath.

"Icky!" was the understatement of the day. I can't help but wonder if she had more work to do on the throne and I should have let her peruse through Men's Health for a while longer.

No comments: